Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

Off Button Wanted

On. Off.  Such a simple concept for what seems to be a simple task.  I want one.  I know I have plenty - on my computer, in the house, in the car but I want one for my brain - my thoughts.  Some meditation gurus and zen workers would say that I already have it but I'm just not that convinced. 

I see myself more of the hard wiring behind the switch that connects to the fuse which connects to the grid and so on.
I try to turn it off whenever I find myself lost within the "on" switch especially when I go to bed but I catch myself waking up and writing things on a notepad or most of the time just staring at the ceiling - thinking.  Maybe its  because baby brain has me trying to figure out who I am all over again - that is if I knew who I was before.  Before I had my son almost 5 months ago or because I was so used to 'thinking' about myself only and now I not only 'think' about and for my son but also about my husband.  Husband. Son.  House.  Bills.  Friends. Family.  L-I-F-E.

Too bad ebay and amazon.com don't sell an off button.

No comments:

Post a Comment