Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Super Mom or Super Crazy

Doesn't the title of this already give enough for you to make a judgement about me already?  You guessed it.  I have found myself in a downward spiral of self sabotage.  I'm trying to do it all - which of course means doing too much!  However I find myself always finding my second, third, fiftieth wind! 

I mean don't get me wrong I know that there are millions of moms (and dads) that do a hundred and one things everyday for their kids, spouses, parents, and everyone else in between.  However this is the first time that I am adding on a whole seperate laundry list of things to do in a day, week, month, year, lifetime than what I had before.  I think I just got too ambitous to make up for the last trimester (of my pregnancy) since I was on bedrest.  Just to give you an idea of what I have done or am doing so far...  I am a lead mom for one playgroup, I started and lead my own playgroup (yes a totally different playgroup), I am the co-chair of speaker events for a non-profit volunteer based parents group, I am the co-coordinator for an upcoming festival in our local area for children, trying to find a good preschool, looking for good swim classes, and I belong to two book clubs and this is all while I am/have planned two baby showers, two bachelorette parties, three bridal showers, two birthday parties (for adults), one kids birthday party, manage two yahoo! groups, resigned from my current job and will be starting a new job this coming week (which I will talk more about at another time), manage the chaos in my life and others (I know, I should be getting paid for it but I'm not), and all while I keep the bills paid, a clean house, a happy husband, and even happier baby boy.

No, I'm not trying to brag but it helps to just have them all out on black and white so that I can keep track as well. Maybe I'm not super mom or super crazy but just normal... a super crazy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment